Signature Network Events – General Etiquettes
Please read through these notes carefully and do not simply skim over them.
One should first purify their intentions, i.e. to seek one’s pleasure by fulfilling one’s obligation to seek a business opportunity partner in a professional way. It should be treated as a form of ‘’casual interview’’, so this will set a precedent for one’s willingness to adhere to business etiquettes throughout the event.
- Listen carefully and follow all the instructions set out by the organisers.
- Forgive the organisers and facilitators for their shortcomings.
- The best starting point is to recognise that you are a humble person who is attending the event because you, like all the other participants, are looking for a job, a mentor, an investor, a business angel, and therefore want to behave in the best of manners.
- The event has been organised by high profile business circles and the networking service is a project and a well reputed service. The organisers of the events are fully employed and have no vested interests.
- The networking service was set up in 2019 following a detailed evaluation of the different ways in which people find business opportunities in UAE and across the world.
- It is important to recognise that finding a suitable business opportunity is a real challenge today. It has to be addressed practically, not just through lectures and experiences about the nature of networking and the ideal scenario. Education of the whole community is required, including candidates and even the organisers who also need to work with Investors, HR consultants, entrepreneurs and experts to find realistic solutions. We hope that the networking event will be a humble product of this. Such initiatives are new to the region, and they need to be tested within the framework of the business ethics. It will take time for us to fully understand them, but they can only improve if people participate in them, take them seriously, facilitate their organisation, and provide constructive feedback.
- Have there been any success stories? Thankfully we have facilitated many introductions and a number of these have resulted in partnerships, employments, investments etc. Find the right match is clearly a sensitive matter and is not something that can be engineered mechanically. The success of such initiatives ultimately lies with preparation, opportunity, skills and sometimes…luck. What needs to be borne in mind is that this is an opportunity, and a lot will depend on what you make of it.
Etiquettes Before Entering the Main Venue
- Arrive by stated registration times at the latest. After that a charge may be levied on latecomers.
- Event will start on time. Punctuality is seriously considered.
- No payment means no entry to the event.
- Do make an effort to fill in your profile properly. It is one of the first sources from which others will learn more about you. Whilst you are not expected to write an essay, simple one-line answers will reflect badly on you and will suggest that you can’t be bothered or are not serious. This applies especially to candidates whose profiles in the past have been very shoddy. If your description is poor it is not something we can take responsibility for, but do ask someone if you require assistance. Profiles will be placed on boards at the sides of the venue.
- Participants will not be allowed to record the event. Anyone found using a recording device will be asked to leave the course and there will be no refund.
Etiquettes in the Main Venue
- Put on your ID badge where people are able to see it clearly and wear it throughout the event.
- Refrain from bringing or using business cards as attendees profiles and infos will be accessible via BizzMatcher mobile app, including others advanced features to facilitate your networking.
- Please do not approach any of the staff or admin staff for business purposes. Spare yourself and ourselves the embarrassment.
- Fill up the seats from the front.
- Mobile phones must be put on silent. If your call is an emergency, indicate to one of the organisers that you need to leave the room to answer a call.
- Light refreshments will be available, please try not to make a mess.
- Remain in the main venue unless you really need to go out. This makes it easier for the profile facilitators to locate you if someone has taken an interest in you.
- You can leave the event at any stage but please return your badge and let us know that you are leaving. In this way we can take down your profile and avoid confusion.
- When you leave the event, kindly complete the questionnaire as this help us to plan better events.
- Anyone who is found to be uncooperative or is a nuisance, rude, loud-mouthed or disrespectful towards fellow participants or organisers will be escorted out with no refund.
General Tips and Information
- Try to have a positive outlook, relax and smile.
- Make sure you have prepared and practiced your ”Elevator Pitch”.
- Don’t be shy during the discussion sessions. This is an opportunity to introduce yourself and learn more about the other participants.
- Be patient at all times. If a profile is being seen to then please wait.
- Prayer facilities will be provided at the venue.
- You can exchange contact details if you are happy to do so. However, we take no responsibility in terms of character checks, obtaining references and anything that transpires afterwards.
- We welcome constructive criticism but not cheap attempts at rubbishing the efforts of organisers, because these are ultimately of no benefit to the business community or those who are sincerely looking to get a business matching. We need to try all permissible avenues available, including Signature Network. It is also important not to exert all your efforts into business networking events alone. Try to utilise other means such as friends, family members, social media, members of organisations, etc.
- Be prepared, confident and keep your Linked In profile up-to-date after and during the event.